November 15, 2012

Detangling Naturally Curly Hair - lazy day detangling

What does it take to detangle a head full of wild hair? Not much.
QAFVEJKBJKTX 
Until recently, I felt that the only way I could thoroughly detangle my hair was to drench it with water, and smother it with some conditioner possessing awesome slip. I've learned that while the latter is true at times, the former is not always the case.

What's wrong with drenching my hair to detangle? Well, I limit my hair washings to once a week. This means that I would have to detangle once a week. That just wasnt going to fly. By the end of the week I'd have a tangled mess and it would take FOReverrr to sort things out in the shower.

One lazy day I decided to give it a go without drenching my hair and OHmygosh! Why didn't I think of it before! With just a little spritz of water and a little product, I was able to detangle my hair a lot quicker and I lost a lot less hair. Here's a video showing how I do it.


I mostly use my fingers to weed out any knots and snarls I may find. Afterwards I use a comb to get closer to my roots (neglected roots=a hot mess!). If you've detangled thoroughly with your fingers beforehand, there is no reason the comb should come back with hair on it. I love this method now:
1) I can now detangle twice a week, giving me less knots
2) Detangling sessions become quicker
3)I can style my hair differently midweek

I didn't show what I did after detangling, but you can easily do a braidout/twistout after going through each section. Me? I decided to do a wash n go. Yay lazy detangling! ;)

How do you detangle?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...