November 19, 2012

Steps to Achieve the Perfect Wash n' Go

Picked out Wash n' Go
QAFVEJKBJKTX 
Time and again I've tried to achieve the "perfect" wash n' go. I tried all kinds of products, searching for the one product that would define my little ringlets. Eventually I realized...there aren't any. No stand alone product has ever tamed this mane of mine. Unfortunately, I had to figure that out after accumulating lots of product (product junkyism anyone?). After several trial and errors, I figured out a good combination for my 3C/4A hair. For those trying to figure out how to get that wonderful wash n' go, try this on for size:

Must have:

1)The Leave-in. The first thing that should be applied to wet, damp, or even dry hair is the leave-in. It can be in the form of a conditioner, hair milk, etc. The goal is to add moisture to your hair. Moisture helps prevents frizz. My go-to leave-in is Giovanni's Direct Leave-in.

2)The Sealant. The sealant can be an oil of choice or butter, etc. The sealant's job is to lock in the moisture you put into your hair. It helps to keep the hair soft and flexible. I like to give castor oil this job.

3) Gel. This gel should not have alcohols or petroleum in the ingredients. They will dry the hair out. I prefer to apply gel as my last step because my actual hair strands would already be fortified by the leave-in and oils. Gel is basically used as a cast, holding the curls in place and keeping them from frizzing. Depending on how much you apply, your hair may get hard. But after a day or two, the gel cast should break up releasing dry, defined curls. My gel of choice is Eco Styler.

Of course, variants of the above may help as well, but it is a good place to start. And don't forget to avoid the big HIH syndrome (hand in hair). I notice when I become comfortable with my wash n'go I touch it more. This speeds up the frizz process and I have to re-style sooner. This is easier said than done, but to each his own.

What is your wash n' go regimen?



QAFVEJKBJKTX 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...